Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mom's Gift

I am a crochet freak. I have been doing this since I was about 8 years old. However, other interests and a rural life kept me away from it until I was 17 or 18 years old. Since then, I've been making and making stuff. Mostly afghans and baby afghans. I've made some clothing items, but they didn't turn out quite so appealing.

During all of this time, I have never...I mean, NEVER...made my mother anything. 35 - 40 years of doing this and not one thing for Mama! I am ashamed of myself. Mom admired this when I started it last year, so this is what she'll be getting in the mail really soon. She doesn't know about it. Her birthday is in early December. I think if I get it to her now, she'll be able to keep warm for a longer period of time. She lives in PA and it's getting cold there, now.



This pattern is worked on the diagonal. It fits a queen-sized bed. What will be funny to see is, my Mom is pint-sized.  I bet she'll have to dig herself out of this one. LOL!

I hope you enjoy your gift, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment