Monday, April 4, 2011

From January to April

Here is a quick rundown of what has been happening in our household since I posted in January.

We had a little bit of snow.


I made some nut rolls for Christmas. I pulled this out of the freezer for a snack. It makes a pretty picture, doesn't it? Tastes even better than it looks!


I was not feeling well and had to sit around the house for quite a few weeks. So, I crocheted my brother an afghan. It is about 4' x 6'. I still have to send it to him. He has snow where he lives, so he'll get some use out of it this year.


I crocheted a baby afghan out of leftover yarns. I'll send this to my Mom so she can give it as a gift. It could be a baby afghan and is big enough for a lap robe. It'll be her call how she uses it.


I knitted a small batch of  dishcloths, a shawl for me and I'm working on a scarf for a friend. I only know how to stockinette and purl in knitting. Knitting drives me bats, but I like how it looks. I am going to teach myself how to do other stitches in knitting just like I did with crocheting over the past 40 years. I crocheted an egg basket out of plarn for a little girl who will have chickens soon. 

For my upcoming projects, I have enough yarns left over to make another baby afghan and a lap afghan.

We had some hail last weekend. It was about the size of mothballs. Luckily, it is warm out and the ice melted quickly.


It's been exciting around here, hasn't it? 

Hopefully, all will be back to normal real soon.


1 comment: