Saturday, May 7, 2011

Projects Completed

I've been busy crocheting, as usual. This is a hobby that can be done all year long because it is so portable. I've been doing this for about 40 years...I started when I was about 8 years old.

Anyhow, here are a few washcloths that I've been working on in the past few days.


I am sick and tired of buying terrycloth ones and they fall apart in a few washings. Even my good ones aren't that good. These are made from a popular brand of acrylic baby sport yarn. These are popcorn stitch every other row. I've made some for washing dishes and they soap up really well. They stay soapy and scrub very well. I figure that if these are half as good as the ones I made for the dishes, then I'll be on the gravy train! I'll probably feel like I've gone to a spa, with all of the bubbles!

Here is another project I made for me.


I've made a couple of prayer shawls for people I know who've gone through rough times. This is just a plain ol' shawl I made for running around the house. It's something quick that I can throw over my shoulders and run outside quickly. I used a size 10 knitting needle with knitting worsted yarn. I should have gone down a size or two needle for looks. I haven't washed it yet. The stitching may tighten up a bit with a washing. Knitting is not my passion like crochet is, but I learned to do this at a very early age, too. This is plain stockinette stitch so it doesn't curl up on the long sides. I crocheted around the edges for a little more rustic look and to stiffen up the edges.

After 40 years of needleworking, I'm still addicted to it.

Happy hobbying!

No comments:

Post a Comment