Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hubby's Afghan

Here is Hubby's afghan that I made for him after the holiday season. He's been sleeping scrunched up under one I made 30-some odd years ago. He deserved a nicer one and one he can stretch out under.
Hubby's Afghan
It is hard to see, but it's a Jacob's Ladder pattern. He wanted it all in the variegated color, but I told him my eyes would get the best of me if I did. So I made it in black and variegated. It turned out really well.

Sometimes you just can't tolerate looking at graphics for too long. Some colors are hard on the eyes, too. I made a baby afghan in the Jacob's Ladder pattern for a friend shortly after high school graduation MANY moons ago. I made it in a pretty yellow since we didn't know if the baby would be a boy or a girl. Bad choice of color on my part! I had headaches while I worked on it since the yellow was so bright. I really loved the color, but it didn't love my eyes. I had never been so relieved to get rid of an afghan before. All said, it was a really pretty afghan and the Mom loved it.

Now it's my turn to have a new afghan. I'll be posting on that one when it is finished. I'm working on it, but the details will need to be refined a bit.

Take care...until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment