Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Rain...Still

Today was a  pretty drizzly day. The skies were gray. The drizzles came down all day. Sometimes it rained pretty hard. A little thunder here and there made it interesting.

What I really feel bad for is the osprey hawks which had a baby recently. Well, the baby is fully feathered but I haven't seen it fly yet. I didn't see mom and dad hawk at the nest during the rain. They may be getting him/her used to the weather by not being there. Then, again, it may be that they were out hunting to feed the baby. It's really cool to watch them. I am on the 3rd floor of the building and I can just see the top of the nest so I can peek at them from time to time. Some of the other hawk babies are learning to fly. What a ruckus they make! They chirp and have a hard time getting used to their wings. It is funny to watch, but it is really interesting at the same time. After they get the hang of flying, they are SO majestic to watch. Sometimes they swoop pretty low over me when I pass by. Sometimes they carry food. Sometimes they carry sticks for the nest. It is so amazing to me to be able to watch them at a close range. I am so fortunate!

I hope all of you have a great day.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment