Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Some More Rain!

OK. I wish the rain would give up already! The ground is totally saturated and the ditches are full. Here in SC, the ditches are at least 4' deep because we are in the Low Country. That means pretty much at sea level. I didn't get to go back to the strawberry patch today, but hubby says it is under water. Most of it is high ground back there.

I guess I can't really rag on the rain. I love rain and dreary days. I don't know why. I am a water sign, though. I can just picture myself sitting on the couch with a hot cup of tea while reading some favorite magazines. I'd have my new afghan on my lap to stay nice and toasty. My dogs would be gathered around me. My hubby would be on his favorite recliner. Ahhh! Nice dream. I'd really love to play hooky one day to do that if my conscience wouldn't get the best of me.

On a good note...I got 3 eggs from my hens today. Yay! That's a record for these ones. They haven't been laying well. I only have 7 hens left so that's pretty good.

Keep high and dry!

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment