Sunday, May 31, 2015

Memorial Weekend Busy

Happy Memorial Day to all of you!

This past weekend we've been very busy in the yard. Let me show you.
New Plants
 Here are some new plants that I bought last weekend at the Cypress Gardens plant sale. Foreground, left - there are 4 small clusters of Coreopsis. It is different from the other stuff I have. Foreground, middle - relocated yarrow from another part of my yard. There are 5 clusters of those in a row. Back row, left and right of the tall plant - two purple daylilies. Back row, middle - the tall plant is rose mallow. The neighbor lady gave one to me and this is one of the babies. She calls it a cottonbush because of the seed pods looking like the cotton plant pods. This one sports red and pink flowers.
Cottonbush - Last Year

50' French Drain
 We did this, and...

30' French Drain
 this, and...

New Dead Flower Garden
 this. We did this all on Memorial Day. Maybe I should call it Labor Day.

Willow Tree Garden
We've cleared out the willow tree garden. We took down the chain link fencing we had behind it. When/if grass grows under there, we'll be able to mow it. Joe Pye weed to the left. Bird bath to the right. There is a little piece of pottery in the foreground. That is where a really cool salamander lives.  I don't know what it is called, but it's pink and black and really cute. I'll be marking the area so we don't run over it with the lawn mower.

Take care. I hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment