Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Some Things Growing

Here are some of the things growing in my garden.
Japanese Snowball Bush
 Isn't this spectacular? I've had it for about 4 years and it just gets more beautiful every year.This blooms in early spring. The show is over now.

Weeping Holly
 I've had this about 10 years, now. It has really grown a lot. In the spring, I trim out as much dead branches and stalks as I can. This gets little white flowers on them which the bees really love. Then those flowers turn to berries which feed the birds in the winter. You can see some of the berries still on there.

Strawberries!
Our strawberry garden did well for the first bearing. We shared a lot with the squirrels, rabbits, birds and slugs. (grumble, grumble) We are looking forward to the next bearing in June. The second bearing always gives really nice berries on stems that do not lay on the ground.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment