Saturday, October 15, 2011

Crocheted Vest

I had a birthday party to go to for my great-great niece. She just turned 2 years old. I didn't know what to get her and it's nearly the last minute. I'm sure she has everything she could want and more. So I got my favorite crochet hook warmed up and did some thinking with the help of the Lion Brand website.

Here is my pic of the Wee Vest in the free patterns section. It took me three days worth of working on it because of work and other things. At two o'clock this morning it was finished. Today was the party.

I think it turned out really cute. The link for this pattern is here.
I especially like it because it is heavy enough to wear for a long time here in SC. There is a hood to keep off the chill. I added a button to the front and a pom pom to the hood. If I had a little more time, I would've liked to put a border around the edges. That would be a nice touch for the next one. It was pretty easy. This is one of about 4 clothing projects I've ever done, not including the hats I'm working on for charity. I should do more clothing.

I hope you enjoyed this one. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment