Thursday, October 6, 2011

What's Growing in My Garden?

Here are some things growing in my flower garden.


The red flowers are spider lilys of some sort. A friend of mine gave some of these bulbs to me a couple of years ago and said they are fall blooming flowers. Well, I never saw them for the past two years and almost gave up on them. I was very pleasantly surprised to see them this fall. They are so pretty.

The purplish flowers are my Joe Pye Weed. It is just that...a weed! If you plant them in a five gallon bucket and then plant the bucket in the soil, you won't be invaded. I end up pulling and burning most of the runners. It is very invasive, but I like them.  The butterflies and hummingbirds like them. They smell kind of like fake grape soda or something like that. They have a very light and sweet smell. 

For some reason, I can't access any more photos for this post. So, I'll say 'see ya!' for now.

I hope some pretty things are growing in YOUR garden this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment