Thursday, May 9, 2013

Peas, Please!


When I came home this evening, Hubby and I went out back to pick strawberries and PEAS. I love to put peas in my soups and some potato dishes. These were an experiment this year. I don't remember if I mentioned this previously. Bear with me if I did. Anyhow, we could never get peas to grow. This year I planted when the people on TV said so. Well, we got a lot of peas this year. I put in one packet of seed from the discount store and we were rewarded with beautiful plants. We have lots of pea pods. But when they're shelled, you don't get so much. Right now, I have two cups in the freezer. There are more pods on the vines, but the aphids are starting to find them to suck out the juice.

Next year, I'm going to get my seeds from Heirloom Seeds and I'll be planting about 2 rows of them. That will be a lot of peas!

Now, I'll have to figure out what we're going to plant in their place. I may put in another round of lettuce.

Speaking of lettuce...my Romaine is doing well. I'll plant some more of that with the hopes of another small bumper crop.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment