Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Salad Dressing Recipes

One of my good friends gave me this idea. I mentioned to her the other day that I made salad dressings for greens over the weekend. She said it would be good on my blog. Hmmm. Something I didn't think of. I have them on my Squidoo pages, but not on my blog. I've stopped buying dressings and saved some of the nicer bottles to put them in. So here are my favorites as of this time.

Now, to be fair, I've gotten these recipes from allrecipes.com. However, I've adapted them a bit to my tastes.

This one tastes like a very famous brand of sweet and sour dressing. It is really good!

HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING

1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing that looks like mayo
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
1/4 teaspoon celery seed

Put into a container that will hold all of this. Blend with a stick blender. Bottle and fridge.

My version of Tangy French Dressing. The onion in this gives really good flavor. The finished product is a bit thick and needs stirred before putting on your salad. Totally worth having a little onion breath afterward.

TANGY FRENCH DRESSING

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup ketchup
1/4 - 1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon paprika


Put into a container that will hold all of this. Blend with a stick blender. Bottle and fridge.

I just made a new batch of both of these before I started blogging tonight. They are so easy and tasty. I don't think I'll ever buy either of these two dressings from the store again.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment