Sunday, April 7, 2013

Cleaning Up Outside

We started our day by going to the Ladson Flea Market to get fresh fruits and vegetables. There is a particular stand that is very clean and tidy which has fresh produce at really reasonable prices. I spend usually no more than $20 when I buy from them. Hubby loves their apples and makes it a point to take me every week. It only takes about 15 minutes from the time we park to the time we return. Everything is well organized and there are a lot of people stocking the shelves. For $20, we eat a lot of fresh produce every week. This week I bought 2 heads of romaine, 1 head of iceberg, 20# of russet potatoes, 3 cucumbers, 12 roma tomatoes and 8 gala apples. In the regular grocery store, I'd be paying about $30 for this amount. It is totally worth it. They also have Hispanic foods and spices, which I buy when I need them. Also, really nice clover honey.

When we came home, I fixed lunch and we went to a car show. It was really disappointing. There were 5 cars there. Not much of a show, if you ask me. We didn't stay.

When we came home again, I painted the doors to our pump house, a post that holds the garden hose and the compost bin pickets. Then I cut down dead branches from some of my shrubs. We collected about 5 strawberries and watered the garden.

Hubby mixed up a couple of batches of fish emulsion and sprayed the whole yard. Our whole yard smells like dead fish. This will last only for about 2 hours. Fish emulsion is the best fertilizer we've found. It's great for indoor plants and outdoor plants. Love it!

Right now, I'm waiting for the BBQ'd ribs to come out of the oven. We'll have vinegar and oil potato salad and a green salad with it.

I hope you had a great day today!

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment