Monday, April 15, 2013

Thoughts for The Day

I didn't have much to write about today...until I called my Hubby while on my way home from work. He sounded really sleepy, like I had just woken him up. He said he was watching the news break - that bombs went off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

(Momentary silence on my end of the phone.)

You know, these kind of things are happening on a regular basis now-a-days. This is really sad. First, someone bombs a movie theater. Then, someone shoots innocent children in a school. Now, someone(s) place bombs at one of the most prestigious events in the world. Here in the U.S. of A.

What is this showing us? NO ONE is safe anywhere...anymore. Our great country is now at the mercy of domestic and international nutcases.

Are we to stop congregating for special events? Are we going to stop going to malls or the movies?

It comes down to 'What are our neighbors thinking?' and 'Who are our neighbors, really?'

Scary, isn't it.

Heart-wrenching events for those who've lost a loved one. Also, for those who've survived and have to relive the moment in their sleep for the rest of their lives. That is...if they can sleep soundly. I know I'd have problems.

It doesn't matter what status we have in life. We are all affected in one way or another. For some, it is more personal. For others, it is as an onlooker.

Let us take a moment to pray for those people who are affected by horrible situations - past and present.

As Tiny Tim says "God bless us, everyone!"

No comments:

Post a Comment