Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Homemade Sloppy Joes for Dinner

Today we had homemade sloppy joes for dinner. Yummy!
Homemade Rolls & Sloppy Joes
I was trying to figure out what we could have for dinner. I spent half of my day trying to be creative. We hadn't had them for a while. Since we had the homemade rolls from Sunday, Hubby agreed that sloppy joes would be good. Who am I to turn down homemade rolls?!

Here's how I made them. I'm pretty good at knocking off recipes by taste, so here's my version.

Michelle's Homemade Sloppy Joes


1 pound ground beef
1/2 onion, minced
1/4 green pepper, minced
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, heaping
ketchup

Brown the beef until almost done. Add the onion and green pepper. After onions turn transparent, add sweet relish. Heap the spoonfuls of relish or use about 1/4 cup relish. Stir until warm through and add ketchup - just enough to make them sloppy. Add to buns and you're done! Enjoy!

I'd like to say that ketchup is a wonder condiment. It has so many spices and flavors in it that it is good in a lot of dishes I make. You don't really need salt and pepper when you use ketchup. There's enough salt in it anyway.

I hope you enjoy my recipes. Leave me a comment if you've tried them. I'll be glad to post more recipes later. If you have a recipe you're looking for or need an idea for a certain ingredient, ask me. I may have a good recipe for you.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment