Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sauce

Today was sauce making day. I make sauce only a couple of times a year because it's an all-day affair. I buy sauce in a jar the rest of the year. However, I think that I'll be doing this more often. When I make sauce, I know exactly what is going into the batch. You have to take someone else's word of what is in commercially made sauce. Then there's the 4% unknown allowance...That's enough to make one sick, if you have an overactive mind like I do.
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
No. We didn't have spaghetti for dinner. We had leftovers. However, we had some Italian-style food last night for dinner.
Macaroni and Meatsauce
This is one of my favorites since I can put dinner on the table in 30 minutes.

MACARONI AND MEATSAUCE

1 jar spaghetti sauce, chunky is best
1/2 lb pasta, cooked
1 lb ground beef

Brown the ground beef. Pour off extra fat, if there is any. Add jar of spaghetti sauce. Stir until warm. Add cooked pasta. Stir until coated and warmed through. Serve!

As you can see, there are a few extras in my sauce. I add chopped onions, peppers and canned diced tomatoes. But, if you get a chunky sauce, you don't have to add extras. Easy!!!

Have a delicious day!

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment