Thursday, March 14, 2013

More Biscuits!

I shared with you my recipe for baking powder biscuits a few posts ago. Now let me share with you my version of cheddar biscuits. They are similar to the ones you find in a famous restaurant, but I like my version better. Of course, I'm partial to my own cooking. But, hey! Who isn't partial to their own cooking?

Michelle's Better Cheddar Biscuits

Use my biscuit recipe from March 12, 2013.

Extra ingredients:
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, or a little more if you like
2 teaspoons garlic powder

Mix all of the dry ingredients together, including the garlic powder. Add butter and shortening and cut into flour mixture until it is very well dispersed. Add cheddar and stir well until the cheddar is fully coated. Add milk. Stir until blended. Turn out onto floured surface. Fold and press dough upon itself 5 or 6 times. This will make layers. Cut and place onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees F for about 20 minutes. The biscuits will be nicely browned when done.

Here you have it! Right out of the oven they'll be nice and warm and tasty. Slather them with butter and eat! Yummy with chili, BBQ ribs, fried or baked chicken, etc. I even eat them for breakfast and snack!

Have a yummy day!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes! Had some for breakfast this morning with my morning cuppa. Thanks for stopping by, Tiff.

      Delete